This year in honor of our 30th Anniversary, we suggest that you set a personal fundraising goal of $300. That's just $10 for every year Mercy Ministries has helped hurting girls walk in freedom! (A great way to do this is to ask 10 people to give $30 each.)
If you raise just $100
If you raise $300, you'll
Participants who reach this $300 goal will receive a premium Camelbak water bottle.
For many, fundraising can be an intimidating task – don’t sweat it! It’s easier than you think:
1. Create your fundraising page on the Run for Mercy website and invite everyone to check it out.
2. Put the link on your Facebook page and Tweet about it from time to time.
3. Send out personal emails (or even snail mail letters) to everyone you know – it’s great to let them know you are running for a cause like Mercy! Let them know that they can sign up to run or walk with you and that if they can’t attend, you’d love for them to give a monetary gift on your personal page.
4. Write about the event on your blog and share the link in case any of your readers want to make a donation.
5. Talk about the event to friends and family and follow up with them.
6. Send personal email reminders to everyone as the date gets closer to remind anyone who has not had the chance to make a donation to go ahead and do so.
7. Contact local businesses about holding a fundraiser at their location one day/night.
Feel free to use these great ideas to reach your fundraising goals and be creative! The most important part is getting the word out. Many are willing to give; they just need to be asked!
Our top fundraisers will be recognized and awarded at the event, so start fundraising today!